Corporate Affairs Intern at Fidelity International

Financial Management Market Research Marketing

9.7/10

9.7

Internship on the Corporate Affairs scheme, and specifically within the Corporate and Investment Communications team.

I greatly enjoyed my internship. I was given a lot of responsibility within my team, and from day one was tasked with challenging yet stimulating projects.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Fidelity International

I felt very valued by my colleagues. All the people I met at Fidelity, be they members of my team or not, all made me feel very welcome. I felt that I would not necessarily get the level of support I received at Fidelity at another company. All the members of my team were always on hand to give me help whenever I needed it, and were incredibly friendly.

My manager gave me high and consistent levels of support throughout my internship. As well as review meetings, we would chat regularly about the quality of the work I was doing, and what could be done to improve it.

I felt that I was busy and challenged, albeit in a positive way, every day. From when I came in the morning to when I left at night, I was always busy and never bored. I would often come in especially early to get a head start on my work. However I felt that I had a very positive work / life balance, and finished at a very reasonable time each night.

I was given much more responsibility than I was anticipating before I began my internship. For example, I was tasked with writing sections of research reports that were distributed to clients, and even wrote a piece on my own (which was then reviewed by by manager).

I developed many skills over the summer, which now I am back at university I am noticing daily are positively improving how I approach my degree work. I feel that I am more organised, am able to think in a more analytical way, work faster, and also have a more concise and snappy style of writing. I also feel that my interpersonal skills have improved, and that I am generally much more confident than I was before.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Fidelity International

The general atmosphere was very friendly, although still professional. The whole office felt very non-hierarchical - everyone was willing to help everyone else, regardless of what their position was.

On my first day I was presented by my manager with a plan of my internship, and the work he expected me to do. The training I received at the start of the internship was also very well organised.

I felt the company invested a considerable amount in me. We spent a few days training at the beginning, both in-house and with external providers, covering topics such as financial markets and also excel. We also had twice-weekly lunch and learns which gave us all a great overview of the business and industry as a whole

Very appealing, I have accepted a place on the graduate scheme and am very excited about taking it up - I've signed the contract and can't wait to get started next year.

We had a great social scene; as well as regularly organised work drinks, we also met up in our free time in the evenings.

The City isn't particularly cheap, but it is still possible to live and socialise for a reasonable price.

The nightlife was great, London is a vibrant and buzzing city.

Yes, for example we participated in a charity day where we worked in a charity shop and managed to raise sales through initiatives we thought up.