This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.

3.9/5
  • The Role
    4.0
  • The Company
    3.8
  • The Culture
    3.8

As an Intern to the Inward Investment department, I assisted the team in a wide variety of ways. This began with database management, but my responsibilities grew to include drafting letters to investors, preparing valuer packs, and accompanying senior team members on site visits and client meetings.

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • An excellent and well structured introduction to a commercial property practice

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • 4/5

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • 4/5

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • 5/5

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • 3/5

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • 4/5

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • Friendly and professional. Lots of support from graduates.

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • 5/5

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • 5/5

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • I hope I have left a good impression, and I am applying to their graduate scheme right now!

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • There were frequent social events

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • The West End is not remotely cheap, but I lived in London already so no real costs incurred.

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • London is London

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • The sporting teams tried their hardest to recruit us!

11th October 2010