Systems Analyst Intern at Oracle

Reading South East
Business Analytics Computer and Systems Engineering

9.0/10

Loved the experience that I gained from my time at Oracle

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Oracle

My opinion was highly valued by my manager and peers globally. Where I was able to lead my own project

My manager was incredible. He was constantly working with me and reviewing my work at the start until I was able to be fully functional by myself.

Even then I would run my work by him depending on what the task is and how confident I was in the work I had completed

I always and a full list of things to be done everyday. This makes the day fly by

I was given a large amount of responsibility which is unheard of from such a large company to truly integrate an intern (placement student) into their important projects. I was even able to work directly with Product development

I was even given the task to of running my own 6 month project. Which began with learning the system to delivering product to the customer.

I have developed some invaluable skills form my placement. Listed as follows:
Advanced SQL skills
Data Analysis
A customer focused approach
Adapting to changes quickly
Attention to detail
Understanding of financials software and data flows

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Oracle

The office was so much fun. There are 4 placement students in total, which seems small but there are younger full time employees to socialise with.

The office was always buzzing with lots of banter in the office.

The placement was very well structured. My manager had a view of what my year would entail from the beginning and was able to add to this my plan for the year

Oracle primarily began with training on the job which entailed working with the software and the data tables to understand the flows in the system and the data which results from various actions.

They will put you through external training if it is beneficial to your work for Oracle

The organisation does not have any official graduate program in the OAL department but opportunities do arise to work for them after graduation.

There was several activities arranged with other placement students and other members of the Oracle team. The amount of socials you make with other students will depend on how close you all are.

The Christmas party is excellent fun!!

The cost of living is not cheap due to Reading being close to London. Taking only 20-30 minutes by train.

But it is easily affordable to live and work there on your salary.

The nightlife in Reading is great with something always happening every night if you really wish to go out mid-week due to the town having a university.

There is the opportunity to get involved with various clubs at Oracle and discounted membership to the on-site gym providing an extra opportunity to get involved.

It is a place where if you want to get involved in activities and make the effort you will!