2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My opinion was highly valued by my manager and peers globally. Where I was able to lead my own project
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was incredible. He was constantly working with me and reviewing my work at the start until I was able to be fully functional by myself.
Even then I would run my work by him depending on what the task is and how confident I was in the work I had completed
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I always and a full list of things to be done everyday. This makes the day fly by
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a large amount of responsibility which is unheard of from such a large company to truly integrate an intern (placement student) into their important projects. I was even able to work directly with Product development
I was even given the task to of running my own 6 month project. Which began with learning the system to delivering product to the customer.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed some invaluable skills form my placement. Listed as follows:
Advanced SQL skills
A customer focused approach
Adapting to changes quickly
Attention to detail
Understanding of financials software and data flows
Imagine yourself working at Oracle
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 19 roles at Oracle