Assitant Inventory Planner at Zebra Technologies

2.6/10

2.5
2.4

3.0

The Inventory Planning department manages the flow and levels of inventory so that inventory availability supports achievement of on-time shipment targets and company inventory metrics are achieved. The Inventory Planning Assistant provides a database maintenance and administration service to the Inventory Planners.

The role is dominantly mundane, the majority of time is spent at the computer repetitively entering data on the company's database.

There is not much focus on the team environment and little was done by the company to improve this. Management don't push teamwork and are rarely available to discuss issues.

The role supervisor (manager) was away from the office for the majority of the year. A weak relationship between myself, the team was noticed.
I was provided two reviews throughout the year. I also noticed that no appraisals of my work was noticed.

Work load was very high. This meant there was much pressure on myself and the department to complete work/tasks.

A fair amount of responsibility was gained which involved tracking freight and placing orders.

I considered the placement year to be an eye opener on Inventory planning. The training provided was given to complete day to day tasks. Very little wider knowledge was gained throughout the year.
Almost all working days were computer based, performing tasks which could/are being automated. This made the role mundane, repetitive with very few opportunity's to gain new skills.
I personally noticed my confidence and esteem decrease throughout the year. However I believe I have now gained enough knowledge/contacts to complete a final year dissertation.

The office environment involves many departments sat at computers in silence. Atmosphere was anxious and poor.

There was no placement program, simply taught the mundane daily tasks and left to complete the job.

I was given tasks to complete and left to do these. No further development was provided.

Employment options are possible.

Cost of living is seemed to become a large outlay. However socialising in the area (eg pubs) are reasonable.

London is a 30 min train journey away from Wycombe.

Very little options, A 5 a side football game had been arranged (this was as and when).