Marketing Assistant at RMP Enterprise Ltd

Marketing

8.7/10

I was part of the Marketing Team, working across the products in the RMP Enterprise portfolio with special focus on the www.RateMyPlacement.co.uk website.

Key responsibilities included:

- Recruitment of over 250 students to work across 100 fairs. I was also responsible for the recruitment of the 2014-2015 placement students for RMP

- Managing the social media presence for the company including running #PlacementChat- a fortnightly twitter party involving key stakeholders in the world of undergraduate work experience

-Managing the university liaison for RateMyPlacement, building and maintaining relationships with placement and career services at universities in the UK including presenting at workshops, conferences and writing the monthly University newsletter

-Moderating and reviewing student written reviews regarding work experience

-Helping to co-ordinate marketing strategy for the National Undergraduate Employability Awards

- Writing content for a number of our products including the RateMyPlacement.co.uk website, blog and the Top Undergraduate Employers Guide which is distributed to 85,000 students across the UK

- Managing and using the budget allocated across my campaigns to produce results which are effective and on target

I had an amazing year at RMP Enterprise. The company are great to work for, and all the staff were so welcoming and supportive. I was given the chance to get involved in a range of projects and they trusted me to It was a great mix of hard work and fun, and I am really missing being in the office everyday!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at RMP Enterprise Ltd

I always felt my ideas were listened to and considered and all the staff welcomed me into the company immediately. I collaborated with other teams in the business and it was interesting to hear their perspective on projects I was working on and vice- versa. It's a very open company and I always felt able to go and talk to people. I was treated like a full-time member of staff the whole time I was there.

My manager left towards the end of my placement, but before that I felt very supported. We had regular catch ups each week and she helped me to plan my time effectively and was always there to help me prioritise my workload. In addition I had mentoring sessions with the co-founders of the company which was a great chance to find out about where the business was going and also talk through any issues I may have had. We also had quarterly sit downs to discuss progress and what can be done going forward.

My year can be split into two different parts. For the first half of the year I was attending freshers and career fairs across UK Universities promoting RateMyPlacement.co.uk. In addition to this I still had office tasks to complete. This part of the year was incredibly busy with lots of early starts to make sure I got to Universities on time. The second part of the year was based in the office working on a range of projects. I absolutely love to be busy, so it was perfect for me, but if you are looking for a placement year to do the bare minimum to get by, this wouldn't be the right environment for you. There were times when it was crazy busy, but I never felt swamped or unsupported.

I really felt trusted working at RMP Enterprise. Going out on campus as the 'face' of the brand it was important I set the right example to students and clients. Working for a small company everyone in the team has to pull their weight and it is something RMP Enterprise place a lot of value in. I was also responsible for hiring this years placement students, so it was great they trusted me to bring new people into the team.

One of the key things doing a placement year has taught me is how to manage my time effectively- and also it has shown me how much I can get done in a day! This is going to prove really helpful when I head back to Uni and I already have my to-do list ready! Beyond that, RMP Enterprise has taught me so much about working with people, taking initiative and also about the advertising and media industry. I received external coaching and was given the opportunity to complete a Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at RMP Enterprise Ltd

The atmosphere in the office is great. Although it can be busy at some times in the year, everyone is always so friendly and happy to help. This year we did the ALS ice bucket challenge and had a makeup artist come in to turn me into an alien for some marketing collateral There is always something going on in the office!

The great thing about RMP Enterprise is that I had real scope to get involved in projects I was really interested and this grew and developed throughout my time there. This meant my placement year ended up being very different from the person I took over from and I am sure the next placement student will have a very different experience to me! There were other placement students who joined at the same time as me and we became really close so it was nice to share the year with them. There were projects I enjoyed less than others, but this was also helpful to me because it helped me realise what I don't like doing as well as what I love.

I received external coaching on a range of topics and also attended some social media and marketing workshops during my time at RMP. I also completed a Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification which is a great one for the CV! Having mentoring sessions with the co-founders of the company was also really interesting to see their vision and direction for the business. This is something I think is really valuable on a placement year because it helps you to see the business and the job you do in the wider context.

I would love to return to RMP one day and two of the placement students who started at the same time as me are coming back. I have been told I would be welcomed back, so when the right role comes up I would definitely apply. Fingers crossed!

We had regular socials, including bhangra dance lessons, sports days and hopped on a pedibus around London. People were always keen for after work drinks and we had 4.30 drinks every Friday. I made some amazing friends at the company and even went on holiday with some of the girls.

I lived at home for the year, which saved me a lot of money. London is expensive- everyone says it but it is ONE MILLION PERCENT worth it to come and work in London for the year. The office was on the river and I had a lovely view of Big Ben from my window. Drinks were cheap at happy hour at the bar down the road and there were cheap places nearby to get food. I love London. Do it!

Vauxhall isn't one of the nicest parts of London, but it is close to everything! Waterloo was a 20 min walk away, Victoria was on the doorstep and you could reach anywhere by tube pretty quickly. We did go on one night out in one of the Vauxhall clubs- never again!

There wasn't anything work organised specifically, but we did do the sport relief mile as a company and I was always socialising with the girls from work.