Work within the advertising team.
Help with projects
Run Product Placement for BMW
Progress the Sofitel Partnership for BMW
Complete the BMW Aprils Fools Campaign
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my Placement year with BMW. It was a well organised programme with previous students giving us valuable guidance on how to work effectively. The placement year was also with 20 other students so there was a great atmosphere within the whole team. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful during any time and were
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The employees across BMW, not only my team were very positive in their feedback and made me feel valued as a member of the team. My team always gave me work from their projects and trusted me as a member of the team. A massively important area was that I never felt like a student in the office.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers gave me lots of support during the year and were always round to help when needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were times when I was quite busy and was required to stay late for work. But this was during the main projects during my year. The workload on a daily basis was satisfactory. I was rarely without something to do and always could get more work if I asked from my supervisors.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We were given lots of responsibility whilst on placement. The company would have to hire a permanent member of staff if we weren't employed. That meant we were given lots of responsibility.
There was lots of projects that were assigned to me and I also worked to gain more projects throughout the year. This was something I did on my own to ensure I got the most out of my year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt a lot about prioritising and being efficient in my work. Two massively important things during your final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was excellent, the team got on really well and the different teams within the department integrated very well
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was well done, we have a proper HR induction before we began and knew everything we needed to know.
We also had a two week hand over period whereby the outgoing student informed myself of all the areas of my work. This on-the-job training enabled me to take the reins of the student and begin to work independently.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invests a lot in its employees, the students did not go on many training courses but were allowed to participate in company wide training sessions.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
BMW have recently launched a scheme about taking on old students in full time employment. This is an exciting prospect but something a bit unknown to us at the minute.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The students got on really well and all lived in the same location. Because there was 21 of us students in total, there was always someone around to talk to. We often went out, socialised, and did other things outside of work
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The rent was acceptable because we lived in Reading, a student area.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The Nightlife was good in our location
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had a football team at work, just a 6-a-side team. We could get involved as much as we wanted into other sports and hobbies outside of work.