Vacation Scheme Student at Linklaters

London Greater London
Commercial Law

5.4/10

4.7

Shadowed two associates in different departments for three weeks.

It was ok, there were some elements that were fun, but the sheer amount of talks meant that it became a little boring and repetitive.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

Fairly well valued, particularly when I got to undertake specific tasks and got constructive feedback on them.

Very little. There was a project that we had to do, and there was no particular training/assistance with this.

To be honest, very little. We spent very little time developing skills, and rather the talks and presentations were just extended marketing of the firm.

Whilst everything was organised well, the structure lacked from the lack of different things that we were able to do.

It was strangely quite competitive amongst the other students. Also, the firm was quite tense: some students were particularly upset at poor (and unfairly so) reviews they were given by their supervisors who seemed particularly unfriendly.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

Very little training and development investment. Though we did a pitch presentation, the time that we had to do this was very short, we were given no pointers as to how to improve, and seemed more like an opportunity for the partners to make us feel uncomfortable with questions we couldn't possibly answer.

I think it gave a fairly accurate sense of working there since we were given the opportunity to interact with a number of trainees and hear their experiences.

The company culture came across in the talks was difficult to decipher as it was a lot of management speak and fancy graphics rather than an explanation or demonstration of what it was really like.

It gave me a good indication as to the type of firm that I do and don't want to work for and some interesting areas that I might wish to pursue.

We were paid however this would just cover most people's expenses.

There were actually a very many opportunities both socially and whilst working to meet the other employees and hear their experiences.

They were all very well organised and very good fun. though they had a tendency to run on quite late which was annoying if you had to commute.

We had a number of presentation and workshops on things sun as this e.g. the pro bono work and the sports and societies they are part of.

Only if their personality would suit the firm as I think there was very much a type at Linklaters.