1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great internship, great experience with great people
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Was in a fantastic team who were very supportive and friendly
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The management were very helpful and friendly and really made an effort
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
A constant supply of assignments kept me relatively busy but not overly worked
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Quite a lot of my work was used by the company and I was trusted with important tasks
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Great specific training in the software but also many general skills gained which will be useful for uni and future work
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and open atmosphere with many laughs and great people. We went for the occasional pub lunch and often had cakes and treats. When in need of help everyone in the office was willing and supportive.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. Option of accommodation available and mentor scheme implemented to ensure all needs were catered for. A vast amount of social events and clubs also made it easy to settle in and get to know people straight away whilst having fun!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Good amount of investment, very extensive training and support. A lot of time spent ensuring the placement was going well and we were getting the most from each other,
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing prospects with a fantastic graduate scheme involving department rotation including 10 weeks in North America! Very competitive salary. Good chance of future employment.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The attractive graduate scheme means there are lots of young employees who are very inclusive and active socially
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Subsidized social events ensure a chance of low cost events and clubs. The area isn't too costly and there is plenty to do in Birmingham
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good pubs and clubs. Huge choice. Highly recommend a night out in town.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Loads. Very well organised clubs and events. These also often lead to further socializing with co workers outside of work. I personally got really involved with the climbing club despite never having done it before the placement.