1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The work environment was amazing - we faced new challenges everyday and with our personal mentors we had excellent points of contact if we had questions.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
We were never treated like 'interns' (didn't even say on our badge). Everybody was happy to help out when I was looking for meeting rooms or had general questions about tasks we were given. Also, I was very involved in the daily activities of my team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My mentors were extremely proactive when it came to helping me out - would mever hesitate to call me even if they're out of the office.
Also, I received a detailed internship schedule which made it easy to plan my day around the fixed parts.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was never bored - however as I took on numerous projects outside of the internship schedule (as I worked in two departments and I followed up on projects from the first part), so it was challenging to balance it perfectly.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Worked on projects for the first few weeks that will hopefully positively affect the business - outcome to be seen.
When I started the second part I was given a lot of responsibility as I worked on the same tasks as other people in my team most of the time.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I learned are essential in everyday life, not only my degree studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Bloomberg is a great place to work at - everybody is motivated and that certainly has a positive effect on other people.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
We had schedules - only very rarely we didn't know what the program was (in that case we were informed just before).
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Especially in the internship I did i received a lot of training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I was offered a full-time job, which I have accepted.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was out and about with the internship every week and will definitelytry to stay in touch with most of the people!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive area, but we still had a great time.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Many pubs in the area - very social environment.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I took part in social activities like planting poppies at the Tower of London, which was organised by Bloomberg.