Analytics and Financial Sales Intern at Bloomberg

Banking/Finance Business Analytics Charity/Non Profit Economics Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Media Sales Social Work

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

8.7/10

Intern

The work environment was amazing - we faced new challenges everyday and with our personal mentors we had excellent points of contact if we had questions.

We were never treated like 'interns' (didn't even say on our badge). Everybody was happy to help out when I was looking for meeting rooms or had general questions about tasks we were given. Also, I was very involved in the daily activities of my team.

My mentors were extremely proactive when it came to helping me out - would mever hesitate to call me even if they're out of the office.
Also, I received a detailed internship schedule which made it easy to plan my day around the fixed parts.

I was never bored - however as I took on numerous projects outside of the internship schedule (as I worked in two departments and I followed up on projects from the first part), so it was challenging to balance it perfectly.

Worked on projects for the first few weeks that will hopefully positively affect the business - outcome to be seen.
When I started the second part I was given a lot of responsibility as I worked on the same tasks as other people in my team most of the time.

The skills I learned are essential in everyday life, not only my degree studies.

Bloomberg is a great place to work at - everybody is motivated and that certainly has a positive effect on other people.

We had schedules - only very rarely we didn't know what the program was (in that case we were informed just before).

Especially in the internship I did i received a lot of training.

I was offered a full-time job, which I have accepted.

I was out and about with the internship every week and will definitelytry to stay in touch with most of the people!

Expensive area, but we still had a great time.

Many pubs in the area - very social environment.

I took part in social activities like planting poppies at the Tower of London, which was organised by Bloomberg.