Summer Student at Air Products

Hersham Greater London
Chemical Engineering Mechanical Engineering

7.8/10

I really enjoyed my time at Air Products and I felt valued by my team. I had a good exposure to the company and was given meaningful tasks.

I made a good network of contacts throughout the company and felt valued by the company.

I received an excellent support from all my managers and supervisors, despite their very busy schedules. I felt I could approach them anytime, with any question.

I had a good balance of very busy days and days where I didn't have a lot of workload.

I was given a lot of responsibility on individual projects which were in turn gave me a very good exposure to the company.

I had a very good insight in to process engineering and gained a lot mechanical engineering knowledge that I wouldn't have otherwise learnt at university. I developed very good professional, analytical and technical skills. I also gained a good understanding of how the business works from the commercial prospective.

Very friendly and professional.

The internship was fairly well organised, with good variety of opportunities enabling development in different areas of engineering. There were also a number of social activities.

Worked in a different department each summer and had a fair number of opportunities to go to sites. I also received an annual sponsorship from the company to support my studies at university.

Very appealing considering the structure of the graduate programme as well as the opportunities to carry out international assignments.

Very good social scene - a number of trips to cinema and pubs as well as good integration with the existing graduates.

Cost of living is above the national average but cheaper than London.

Local area is fairly quiet so not the greatest nightlife, however London is only 30-40 mins by train away from Hersham - so a good balance.

A lot of sporting and volunteering activities available!