Marketing, innovations. Working on projects to boost the campus and their capabilities.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was interesting in that it involved working in many different areas with different people.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
There are so many people working within the company it is difficult to be recognised but working with the people who helped us, we were treated very well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Working closely with managers helped us gain more knowledge yet working independently.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days are very busy, some days are slow but mostly working at a good pace.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It gave valid experience into how companies work and working with different people gave us skills that would help in jobs in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Most people are busy with different jobs but the atmosphere is generally very friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were always encouraged to enrol on different courses to maximise our time into developing our knowledge.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company as a government organisation may find it difficult in the future to take on employees with the current climate and ongoing spending cuts.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we were all set up before the placement started so we could discuss housing etc. During the placement days were organised specifically for placement students and graduates. Social evenings were encourages and all students were enthusiastic about them.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in Oxford the rent wasn't too expensive on the outskirts. As a student town there are lots of offers all round the area and there is usually something going on to get involved in.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Oxford is great for going out. There are clubs, bars and restaurants. Things like the carnival etc. are always interesting to go to as well.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?