Channel Marketing Specialist at IBM

Bedfont, Middlesex
Marketing

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for IBM

IBM is a Top Employer

2.4/5

1.7
2.5
3.5

It had nothing to do with anything I had learnt at university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

I was in a small team who worked from home. Some I only met a handful of times throughout the year.

Little communication between myself and my personal manager, mostly through instant messaging.

Some days I would be really busy, some days I would just have a few bits here and there to do.

I had weekly tasks which I had to get done, but had also been given a project to manage, however felt really quite unsupported and alone and unmotivated for a number of reasons.

I feel I learnt more things about myself than about marketing.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

The department I sat in was very quiet and lonely. However there are a lot of other students in the building so it was nice to meet at lunch and talk online. Without them, the experience would have been very unhappy.

Generally very organised by higher management.

I went on two personal development courses that a lot of other students didn't get the opportunity to go on, so I feel lucky in that respect.

I would work for them again if I was given an amazing job with a team that I really felt were there for me. However, their marketing and advertising isn't they type I want to go into- I have my heart set on b2c.

I lived with 3 other girls working there and we have had an amazing time- friends for life. We get on with a lot of the other London IBM students and go out regularly at weekends together.

I had about £300 a month to live on after rent, bills and travel. I tried to save too, but couldn't save as much as I wanted to.

The area where I work is dull, but I am living half anhour from central london, so there is always something to do.

I did a few days of volunteering with local schools, doing fun activities. I am going to organise a volunteer day myself before I leave. I also shadowed a lady from a different department for a day and am shadowing a girl from a marketing company next week to learn about what she does.