7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The department I sat in was very quiet and lonely. However there are a lot of other students in the building so it was nice to meet at lunch and talk online. Without them, the experience would have been very unhappy.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Generally very organised by higher management.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I went on two personal development courses that a lot of other students didn't get the opportunity to go on, so I feel lucky in that respect.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would work for them again if I was given an amazing job with a team that I really felt were there for me. However, their marketing and advertising isn't they type I want to go into- I have my heart set on b2c.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I lived with 3 other girls working there and we have had an amazing time- friends for life. We get on with a lot of the other London IBM students and go out regularly at weekends together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I had about Â£300 a month to live on after rent, bills and travel. I tried to save too, but couldn't save as much as I wanted to.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area where I work is dull, but I am living half anhour from central london, so there is always something to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I did a few days of volunteering with local schools, doing fun activities. I am going to organise a volunteer day myself before I leave. I also shadowed a lady from a different department for a day and am shadowing a girl from a marketing company next week to learn about what she does.
Imagine yourself working at IBM
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM