1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Good work environment. Opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues were very helpful and pleasant.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Regular meetings with supervisors to discuss progress. Always available to answer questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always had something to do. Some weeks were extremely busy .
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
On most projects I was given a lot of freedom to attempt to solve the problems myself. Guidance was provided though when I got stuck.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I gained some technical familiarity with some of the technologies they use but limited help for my degree. More importantly I gained insight into how to conduct and interact on a project which should help for future careers.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Professional and informal.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was well organised I would have liked to have had more plant visits.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was introduced to and given guidance on a modelling software package (ASPEN Hysis).
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Prospects are very appealing. Talking to graduates ,the company seem to have a well structured graduate program. International assignments are possible.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Efforts were made to have social gatherings.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I thought it was expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Almost none. London isn't too far though.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, the company gives support to a variety of sports activities ( football, squash, touch rugby,..).