R&D Intern at Bloomberg

Computer Science

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

7.8/10

6.0

I enjoyed the internship quite a lot during the 10-week period. The technical challenges that I was required to complete kept me excited every day, so it was a pleasure for me to come to work every day.

My team-mates were very outspoken and pleased with my work and this motivated me to pursue my goals even further. I had weekly one-to-ones with my mentor and team leader, so this was a good opportunity to receive feed-back on my work, which was positive for most of the time.

The amount of help I received throughout my project was tremendous. My team-mates were very helpful whenever I was encountering issues with internal technologies, so this improved my work experience and made me enjoy every minute of it.

I was working for about 9-10 hours daily, which is a reasonable amount of time. In this way I had the opportunity for networking events with other fellow interns after work, which I appreciated very much.

I was developing an internal monitoring tool which was only important to my team, but my work could have the potential of being used by some other teams inside the company.

I developed invaluable skills like learning new technologies and improved my communication skills by constantly engaging with people from different teams. I guess these skills will help me in my future profession and beyond.

The atmosphere is for most of time relaxing and fun due to the fast-paced environment the company is running. The idea of open-space offices is great, although sometimes the noise can disturb you from your work.

Everything was already set up and very well organized when I came, so this was a huge advantage.

The company offered to all the interns a one and a half week training sessions, which proved to be extremely valuable when moving to my actual desk.

I would definitely consider a future job inside the company, as I enjoyed the culture and the kind of work I was doing. It's the fact that people are extremely willing to help and you can build lasting relationships with them, so this enhances the experience inside the company.

Absolutely, there were plenty of social events for interns, so we had the opportunity to get to know each other better and to interact in different kind of activities.

Given that I was doing my internship in central London, the places were not that cheap. But the amount of fun and excitement I was getting made up for it.

I was not actually engaged in night life, so cannot comment on this.

Yes, the company was actually very keen on organizing lots of different activities, so this was another opportunity for getting involved outside of work.