1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the internship quite a lot during the 10-week period. The technical challenges that I was required to complete kept me excited every day, so it was a pleasure for me to come to work every day.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team-mates were very outspoken and pleased with my work and this motivated me to pursue my goals even further. I had weekly one-to-ones with my mentor and team leader, so this was a good opportunity to receive feed-back on my work, which was positive for most of the time.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The amount of help I received throughout my project was tremendous. My team-mates were very helpful whenever I was encountering issues with internal technologies, so this improved my work experience and made me enjoy every minute of it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was working for about 9-10 hours daily, which is a reasonable amount of time. In this way I had the opportunity for networking events with other fellow interns after work, which I appreciated very much.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was developing an internal monitoring tool which was only important to my team, but my work could have the potential of being used by some other teams inside the company.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed invaluable skills like learning new technologies and improved my communication skills by constantly engaging with people from different teams. I guess these skills will help me in my future profession and beyond.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is for most of time relaxing and fun due to the fast-paced environment the company is running. The idea of open-space offices is great, although sometimes the noise can disturb you from your work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was already set up and very well organized when I came, so this was a huge advantage.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company offered to all the interns a one and a half week training sessions, which proved to be extremely valuable when moving to my actual desk.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would definitely consider a future job inside the company, as I enjoyed the culture and the kind of work I was doing. It's the fact that people are extremely willing to help and you can build lasting relationships with them, so this enhances the experience inside the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Absolutely, there were plenty of social events for interns, so we had the opportunity to get to know each other better and to interact in different kind of activities.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Given that I was doing my internship in central London, the places were not that cheap. But the amount of fun and excitement I was getting made up for it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I was not actually engaged in night life, so cannot comment on this.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, the company was actually very keen on organizing lots of different activities, so this was another opportunity for getting involved outside of work.