1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my time with Golfbreaks, I was given my own work to do and responsibility to ensure I got all my tasks completed. The team really make you welcome and feel needed.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I worked for bookaspa.com during my year and we really were like a little family all helping each other in work and personal life.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given one to one meetings every month to discuss that months work and targets. It was so easy to approach management even the directors and CEO Andrew Stanley were easy to talk to.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied on bookaspa everyday was different which was what I loved because it wasn't repetitive day on day. Overall I had enough work everyday to keep me busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given my own workflow everyday and left to manage my time wisely to ensure I got everything done.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I received skills that I will keep with me for life including social skills, time management and meeting targets. I'm studying tourism Management so the skills I have learnt are so helpful for my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very good atmosphere! A great Balance between fun and work
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very well organised in terms of training and the general set up
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Training was an intense two weeks programme and then on going throughout the year
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to go back and work for bookaspa.com / Golfbreaks.com they are a great company to work for
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes the social life is great but is what you make it. Most students and some full timers go out for drinks after work on a Friday and sometimes during the week so everyone can suffer the hangover together
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in Windsor is the same as any town / city it's expensive compared to student living but the area is beautiful and so it makes it worth the extra little cost.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was good in Windsor but with reading London and ascot being round the corners a great night out wasn't far away
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes the fam trips were a great opportunity to see venues and get to know full timers and the staff that you deal with day to day at the venues. The other activities involved work nights out and planned social events. The social life is great at Golfbreaks!