intern at Linklaters

Banking and Finance Law

9.4/10

9.7

The insight itself was very good, there were lots of events and activities to get involved with over the scheme and plenty of real work to become involved with.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

All of the employees of the firm were very welcoming and engaged with me throughout my time with Ashurst, they made time for me and explained everything clearly and succinctly.

I received just enough guidance whilst it was also vague enough that I had to think about the task at hand. Overall, there were no quarrels with the amount of support that I received during the scheme.

Since academic law and working in law are very difference in practice I dont believe that it is helpful towards my degree studies, with the exception of litigation.

The insight was structured extremely well and the activities, presentations and tasks were scheduled perfectly and they all ran perfectly.

The atmosphere was very relaxed throughout the scheme and the activities were always fun and very rewarding, the staff kept the atmosphere very relaxed and enjoyable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

There were a lot of information sessions but very limited training, during the training contract there is much more scope for development.

Since there were many opportunities to interact withe people and work of all levels it gave me an excellent insight into what a trainee would do with the firm.

The placement gave me an excellent understanding of the company's culture since I was there for three weeks and saw the inside of the office for much of this time.

It has increased my desire to work in commercial law in the future and I have secured a training contract with the firm.

I was paid £350 a week.

There were plenty of drinks events, dinners, activities etc to meet many employees of the firm and to find out more about the company in question.

The networking opportunities were excellent there were an abundance of food and drink throughout the events and plenty of people to talk to.

There are many societies from sports societies to faith societies with the opportunity to create your own.

Yes it was an excellent experience and a good use of my summer. A fantastic firm.