1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had an incredible year at Porsche Cars Great Britain - can't fault their Internship Scheme and levels of responsibility given.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Extremely valued - the work you are contributing is vital to the success of the department and company and you are treated like a full time member of staff.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As much support as needed - weekly meetings to start with and then whenever I wanted to sit down and discuss my work I would ask.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Extremely busy for about 6 months of the placement, but in a good way. The rest of the year was well balanced with a full workload but sufficient time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot - ran several projects independently including recruiting 16 interns for next year
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Everything I have learnt has been invaluable and am hoping will set me up very well for a future career in HR
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really friendly - business is much smaller than the brand name would suggest so everyone is very willing to help, however being small everybody is always very busy!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Really well - been running for about 8 years so well structured and ever expanding
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Several training courses throughout the year to develop soft skills and learn about the brand
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
About 8 previous interns currently working in PCGB - however due to small company size and small departments turnover is not high so future employment depends entirely on vacancies arising
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes good - didn't go out as much as would have liked as offices are not located in centre of town but a good number of interns to get to know.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Free bus pass for interns and free lunches that helps with living costs.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Mainly the intern project - all interns get involved in raising money for charity and try and involve as much as the company. This led to 45 employees completing the Wolf Run - a 10km off road obstacle course in June.