7.7/10

204 reviews

• The Role
  • Organisation
  • Socialising

As a placement student at SAP, you will provide support for the UKI Consulting Sales department within our Field Services Organisation. You will have the opportunity to support the execution of SAP business services by providing sales support to the installed base sales team, with the further opportunity to experience and engage in selling activities – supporting SAP clients in addressing real business issues. As a student your activities will be as follows:

2. Thoroughly enjoyable placement year. Getting up and ready for work was never a chore!

4. Highly valued within the team and company with a high level of responsibility working on real business scenarios.

6. I was offered a vast amount of support from my team and management, always having somebody to speak to and ask for advice made each day more comfortable.

8. Consistent flow of work keeping me busy on a daily basis from start to finish

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. I had a large amount of responsibility owning real life sales opportunities and closing deals.

12. I feel that whilst working on my placement I have gained a huge amount of business knowledge, organisational knowledge and maturity which will assist me in both my degree and beyond.

14. Very positive atmosphere, especially within the intern community and the team I was positioned in.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. Very good set up within SAP

18. I was able to undertake various training courses throughout the year and by being given such a high level of responsibility, on the job training was also a key learning tool supported by my managers input.

20. Subsidised Canteen

Sports and Social Club

Company Parties/Events

Staff Sales/Staff Shop

Above 25 days holiday

Working from home

Healthcare/Dental

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. There future employment prospects could be better, however it is clear within the organisation that young talent is a key focus moving forward

24. The intern community within SAP was very strong with various social events organised throughout the year

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. Socialising is quite expensive, however if you find the right places then its not too hard to have a good time on a budget

28. There are a number of places to visit with a very good night-life not too far from the area I have been working in

30. I was able to get involved in the SAP football team on a weekly basis along with being involved in charity projects throughout the year

Computer and Systems Engineering, Customer Service, Information Technology, Sales

Greater London