Analyst at Accenture

Information Technology

7.1/10

The placement was extremely challenging and rewarding. I have learnt an unbelieveable amount whilst working in the company - more than you could ever learn in the classroom. I improved a range of skills such as improving my business language to Excel skills.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

I felt very valued by my colleagues. Everyone was very complimentary and was eager to remind me of what I had done well.

I was given alot of support by my colleagues and managers. I was given the opportunity to work independantly, but also knew that I could ask any questions freely without being judged. My colleagues would drop whatever they were doing to help me out.

This varied greatly depending on the stage of the project and what was going on around me. I learnt to enjoy the quiet times and be greatful for the relaxed pace. Some days I was extremely busy, but I enjoy the challange and tend to perform well under pressure, so this worked for me.

I was given a good level of responsibility. I worked independantly and was able to use my knowledge to make decisions. At the same time, I did not feel too pressured and did not feel thrown in at the deep end. Obviously, the further into my placement I was, the more responsibility I was given.

I have gained some insight into business that I could not learn in the classroom. The life and social skills i have picked up will stand me in good stead for the rest of my career. I now feel comfortable in a business environment and feel that I am much better prepared for future interviews and assessment centres.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

The atmosphere was good. It was a good environment to work in - not too quiet that I was bored, but not too loud that I was distracted. We frequently had friendly conversation and laughed together.

I found the placement to be very well organised. I have no complaints about how things were run.

The company gave us a week's worth of training at the beginning of the placement and I was given additional online training as the placement progressed.

I am not sure yet whether or not I will recieve a job offer. But typically, if you work well within the company and have good references from your managers, you are likely to recieve a graduate recruitment offer.

There was not much of a social scene amongst fellow interns. I made good friends with one other intern and she is the only other intern that I saw frequently. I only ever saw the other interns at social events oragniased by the company.

The cost of living in London is extortionate! But that is what one should expect. You just need to adjust by saving the pennies where possible.

Nightlife was fantastic - something for everybody in London.

There was quite a lot of opportunities to get involved with activities outside of work, such as sport teams.