Summer Business Analyst at Accenture

St Andrews Central London and City
Business Analytics

9.0/10

8.6

Assigned to a project as an analyst. I worked on client site mostly within the solutions team investigating future project initiatives.

I really enjoyed the placement, it was a great programme, a great introduction to consultancy, and working in a professional environment.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

I felt very valued, I was allowed to hold responsibility for my own work over a variety of areas, and was producing material others relied on and that was used directly within the project.

I was given three managers and although at times balancing them was difficult they were all fantatsic. I was given the right level of guidance when material was unclear, but I was also encouraged to take my own inititative and produce work independently.

I had plenty to fill my time, but it was made very clear on a number of occasions that I was not expected to work out of office hours, and when I got caught up in work and stayed later than planned by choice my manger/colleagues would always be making sure I wasn't planning on staying too late and encorage me to go home.

I felt like I was given responsibility for my own areas and that it really was valued, but at no poin did I feel unsupported it was easy to ask for help.

I developed better time management and also the ability to work independently and be more confident in my own decisions. I was exposed to the workings of SAS this was a fantastic opputunity and I had independent use of the tool that will definately assist my studies. I was encourgaed to work in a way that beneffited me and didn't just deliver the quickest answer. A good example was in Excel, I was asked to do some computation I knew I could do it manually as asked or try and write a macro that I didn't have much expierience with, my manager encouraged me to do the latter that was a really useful learnign expieriecne.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

Fantastic, I worked out of town and there was a great social life with nightly meals out and events, in general the people were just really nice and friendly.

It was organised very well.

We spent 8 weeks in total on the internship, the first week was spent in training. I think this was the right amount.

I haven't yet been confirmed, but I know I have been recommend for a job pending exit interview.

I worked out of town where it was really cheap, in around the home office when I didn't work from home is much more expensive

Great

Yes, sport, meals out, nights out, etc ...