1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship at Nestle. Working in the marketing division, I lead a live project to launch a brand new product into the market which was really exciting, engaging and allowed me to develop a great set of skills to go forward with in my career. No two days were the same and I worked with many different agencies to develop artwork, packaging, technical aspects and much more which allowed me to see a product from a concept and move it through to launch.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued and offered support as and when I needed it. The staff at Nestle were very welcoming, accommodating and helpful. Being the leader of a project, my colleagues were very supportive.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager set up a structure of weekly 1:1 meetings but on top of this, was always on hand to offer guidance. He was extremely passionate and very experienced in the industry. He also challenged me in order to ensure I develop further and made the most of every opportunity throughout my internship.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very! Leading a live project is no easy task but working hard was great and allowed me to make a really valuable impact on the business.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility and I was in charge of making key business decisions, whilst also aligning them with stakeholders.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The internship has given me a real insight into the marketing world and allowed me to develop skills that I will improve and develop throughout the rest of my career!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Relaxed, light-hearted but get the job done attitude.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Communication from pre-internship to the final day was extremely well managed by HR.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were several training courses from the outset of the internship, a presentation skills day, a day with the agencies. Therefore, the firm invested time and resources into allowing the interns to develop.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
A large group of the interns socialised regularly and frequently had lunch together to catch up.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Gatwick Airport isn't too thrilling but there's plenty of frequent trains heading into Clpaham and London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?