1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a great experience, got a lot of responsibility early on, worked with an interesting team and learned an incredible amount about the field.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Quit valued, I was surprised that even some of the more senior level individuals at the firm would call me by my first name and take interst in my experience. It is quite nice that peolpe at the firm always say thank you when you hand in work for them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Through both the formal and informal mentors, I has able to have all of my questions answered and therefore received valuable guidance from all of them.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Quite a lot of responsiblity was given to me, which was really nice as I felt that the work that I was doing would truly add value to the firm and therefore was even more motivated to perform well.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a very nice collegial atmosphere, where eveyone worked very hard but also enjoyed each other's company and was able to talk about more than just work. Given that it is quite an international team, conversations would always get quite interesting due to the mix of perspectives, especially during the world cup.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was well organized, with one week of intensive training, weekly speaker series, socials and networking events to really get a sense for all of the work that goes on in the firm.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
To quite a great extent, with the week long training and informal mentoring
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Highly appealing, it would be a "dream come true" if I could continue working here.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes several socials and events that we organized amongst ourselves over the weekend.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?