1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Use of a training mannual gives your training and development a structure and allows you to set yourself targets agreed with your manager. There's always some one with more experience to answer questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
A very busy environment.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Learnt a variety of new skills, particularly customer service and interpersonal skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was around the same age and generally the atmosphere was quite focused but with time for a laugh.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Interview process and orientation were well organized.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Training in different business areas were given at head office and on a one to one basis with my manager I was given training and the chance to develop.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Good promotional opportunities and a fast growing company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I got to know a few placement students quite well and will keep in touch.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
My main expense was petrol as I lived at home.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?