1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I found my work placement enjoyable as the company involved me in numerous high profile tasks.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
During my time at Toyota, I could easily be relied on by colleagues to perform tasks making me feel part of a team as I knew they were depending on me to complete tasks.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The guidance given by all including team members was ample and enough to continue with the project at hand without an issue.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I almost never found myself bored as even if I had finished a project early (of which there was plenty of time to do) there would always be another task at hand.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The level of responsibility given to me increased over the year until I was almost completely independently doing tasks towards the end.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Experience in the real world will greatly aid me in the future such as presentation skills learnt whilst working in groups. As the placement went on, I found myself completing tasks early due to Toyota improving my personal planning. This will certainly assist me in the future and in my studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Never a dull atmosphere. Always very lively and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was excellently organised. Toyota have invested a lot into their placement scheme and into my future.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Toyota have invested an abundance into me. A lot of training alongside the projects provided allowed me to develop greatly.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A permanent job at Toyota is very appealing dues to the many perks of working with the company and a lively work atmosphere.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes as my colleagues had organised numerous events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The plant is close to derby where the city is quite lively at night.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were various clubs for sports such as football and a wide variety of training courses for interests of all sorts.