Mechanical Engineer at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

Nottingham East Midlands
Automotive Design Engineering Graphic Design Mechanical Engineering Automotive Design Engineering Mechanical Engineering

7.8/10

6.5

Project work

I found my work placement enjoyable as the company involved me in numerous high profile tasks.

During my time at Toyota, I could easily be relied on by colleagues to perform tasks making me feel part of a team as I knew they were depending on me to complete tasks.

The guidance given by all including team members was ample and enough to continue with the project at hand without an issue.

I almost never found myself bored as even if I had finished a project early (of which there was plenty of time to do) there would always be another task at hand.

The level of responsibility given to me increased over the year until I was almost completely independently doing tasks towards the end.

Experience in the real world will greatly aid me in the future such as presentation skills learnt whilst working in groups. As the placement went on, I found myself completing tasks early due to Toyota improving my personal planning. This will certainly assist me in the future and in my studies.

Never a dull atmosphere. Always very lively and friendly.

The placement was excellently organised. Toyota have invested a lot into their placement scheme and into my future.

Toyota have invested an abundance into me. A lot of training alongside the projects provided allowed me to develop greatly.

A permanent job at Toyota is very appealing dues to the many perks of working with the company and a lively work atmosphere.

Yes as my colleagues had organised numerous events.

Fairly reasonable

The plant is close to derby where the city is quite lively at night.

There were various clubs for sports such as football and a wide variety of training courses for interests of all sorts.