Tonnage Gases at Air Products

Hersham, Surrey (inside M25 so kind of London) South East
Information Technology Sales Chemical Engineering

6.4/10

6.0

Working to have one universal computor system across the billing process - and removed hundreds of spreadsheet which only the creators know how they work.

The work was useful - I have had previous placements where I felt what I was doing was a waste of time as I knew a grad was also doing it.

I was introduced to both the running club and touch rugby club, and was encoraged to join in things and I Was made to feel very welcome both in the office and out.

I was supported appropriately - I knew I could always ask questions (and was encoraged to do so), and they normally had time for me.

I had a full range of days where I had little to do and days where I was very busy.

I had my own plant configurations to create, whiych were only spot checked by superiors.

check, double check, and check again!
my first placement at air products also helped with my degree teaching me how to create and use P&IDs before doing this at university.

Friendly atmosphere, lots of lunchtime activities to take your mind off work

goo dinformation, but issues with starting dates (I did not start at the same time as everyone else, and although this was not a problem it seemed to keep getting changed back to the normal start date, or to another random one)

Iternships in different departments each summer - got to see a lot of the company and learn different skills. Also received a grant to help towards the cost of university

would really like a job.....

Sponsored students are often fast-tracked onto the Grad scheme

Everyone went for lunch together, and we had trips to the pub/cinema etc after work (but equally no pressure to do things you didnt want to)

I can live at home so difficlut to tell - but cheaper than london!

depends what you like - lots of resturants and things.. nightclubs are a bit naff - unless you head to london that is (easily doable if you dont mind night bus/ first train home)

lots of sporting oppourtunites ranging from football to yoga at lunch.