Working to have one universal computor system across the billing process - and removed hundreds of spreadsheet which only the creators know how they work.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The work was useful - I have had previous placements where I felt what I was doing was a waste of time as I knew a grad was also doing it.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was introduced to both the running club and touch rugby club, and was encoraged to join in things and I Was made to feel very welcome both in the office and out.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was supported appropriately - I knew I could always ask questions (and was encoraged to do so), and they normally had time for me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a full range of days where I had little to do and days where I was very busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had my own plant configurations to create, whiych were only spot checked by superiors.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
check, double check, and check again!
my first placement at air products also helped with my degree teaching me how to create and use P&IDs before doing this at university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly atmosphere, lots of lunchtime activities to take your mind off work
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
goo dinformation, but issues with starting dates (I did not start at the same time as everyone else, and although this was not a problem it seemed to keep getting changed back to the normal start date, or to another random one)
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Iternships in different departments each summer - got to see a lot of the company and learn different skills. Also received a grant to help towards the cost of university
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
would really like a job.....
Sponsored students are often fast-tracked onto the Grad scheme
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone went for lunch together, and we had trips to the pub/cinema etc after work (but equally no pressure to do things you didnt want to)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I can live at home so difficlut to tell - but cheaper than london!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
depends what you like - lots of resturants and things.. nightclubs are a bit naff - unless you head to london that is (easily doable if you dont mind night bus/ first train home)
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
lots of sporting oppourtunites ranging from football to yoga at lunch.