1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
really enjoyable, lots of experience gained, never a dull moment and great atmosphere in all the local branches
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
as an Enterprise intern, you carry the same responsibiltities as an graduate. Therefore, from day one your given challenging tasks. you work as a team supporting one another and marketing events outside working hours builds up a fantastic rapport
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
the training Enterprise give you is very structured. i used to have weekly meetings with my branch and area manager to set tasks and ensure they were providing support throughout my placement. there was always someone there for help, and everybody in management knew you by name which made it more comfortable to approach
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Enterprise is a very busy job role. Theres always something to do and sometimes i found myself wanting to stop the clock. There were times i struggled with tiredness and the odd time you'd get out late but this is probably the same for any job in the real world
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
from day one you are faced with responsibilty. once your a little more confident and trained you start running the day and deciding what cars will go where and who will deliver them......this built massive amounts of confidence and really helps build and mantain a wide range of skills
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
my placement unfortunately was not linked directly to my degree. however, it has impressed upon me the importance of m. It was management and organisational skills. it has also laid down the foundations for helping others and monitoring time and staff appropriately
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
due to only a small number of staff in the office, the rapport was great. spending quite a lot of time with staff also built friendship, making the office a professional but laid back atmosphere
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
the interview process was very smooth and challenging and all management were informed of my presence
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
there were many training events in which i had to attend in Leeds over a duration throughout my placement. Additional to this, i also organised events out with accounts which were supported by enteprise. Additional to this are all the personal bonus's i recieved, including payrises, incentives and achievements
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
i completed my training before i left my placement year so i am in an extremely good posistion to be able to go back to Enterprise. i am currently in the posistion of discussing my return after graduation
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Around where i worked there were no other interns. However, after attending an awards ceremony i was able to meet people going into the role and provide advice. I have made friends with current interns now. Working part time at Enterprise at University has allowed me to work alongside them and help with training and coursework
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Newcastle isnt the cheapest of living, but i managed to ghain a placement in my home town, therefore my salary was my spending money. i could have been able to afford somewhere to live if i had to.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Newcastle is a very vibrant and exciting City to go out in. Theres a wide range of activities, and youll never be bored
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Theres loads to do around newcastle, just depends what your interested in