1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement year. Every aspect is challenging but rewarding and good fun.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
We had regular office banter in all the offices I worked in and we are such a close knit community that its is like a small family.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Given a lot of support and training to begin with until I was up to speed when I was left to my own devices but help was always there if I needed it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Dependiong on the branch depends on how busy you are. when there are quiet spells these were used for continuous training.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
To begin with your given the right jobs for skills. After 6 months I was an out of hours agent being a loan worker and after 8 months could pretty much run the office for a few days learning more as I went on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
After having a meeting with my tutor I suddenly realised the skills that I had learnt. I had learned a lot more than I thought and all the skills I did learn were completely transferrable between different jobs and my uni life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Although being a professional outlay and at work to make money for your self and company we always had fun, whether out on the road or running the office for the day. Obviously when things did go wrong then the fun died down a bit but on the whole it was a lot of fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. The set training stages and my folder were all waiting and set up for me.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested alot in training for myself. Training days and putting me up in a hotel to attend planned training and also providing a car for me to attend training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
These are very good and I plan to work part time during my final year and then apply for assisstannts managers jobs when i finish uni.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good social scene. We went out a lot and all helped each other out on the various work and will continue to do so next year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I live in a very student orientated area so cost of living was reasonable. I commuted from brisstol to bath every day for about 10 months which put a lot of miles on my own car and cost extra in petrol but I didnt mind to much.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
With working long hours didn't experience much night life apart from weekends due to commitment to work and being wary of being over the drink drive limit the next day but I more than made upo for it at weekends!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was a lot to do but I personally didn't take advantage of much of it as I had other commitments outside of work.