This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.

• The Role
    4.5
  • The Company
    3.9
  • The Culture
    3.5

To procure goods and services for Lubrizol. Negotiating with existing and new vendors in attempt to decrease the cost while still meeting the end users requirements such as delivery date and specifications.

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • Lubrizol has been a great place to work with the placement year being extremely rewarding.

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • From the start I felt valued and part of the team.

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • Everyone has been brilliant, support was given when needed; from the team I worked in but also across the site.

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • It is an extremely fast pace environment, with no two days the same. It is very busy but the work load is manageable and varied keeping it enjoyable.

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • I felt I was given complete trust and responsibility to complete tasks with guidance and support available if required.

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • I believe the skills I have gained and developed while at Lubrizol will help me in my future studies and career as many are life skills. A key skill I have learnt is to prepare as much as possible.

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • Everyone gets on as friends not just colleagues making the day enjoyable.

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • On a whole I believe the placement was well organized. I stepped straight into a job and always had work to complete.

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • Lubrizol offered opportunities for me to take on or view projects. Offering internal and external expect experience.

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

Subsidised Canteen

Sports and Social Club

Company Parties/Events

Above 25 days holiday

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • There are currently no vacancies but I hope to return in the future.

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • Activities are set up by the sports and social club and also by the students out of work.

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • 5/5

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • 3/5

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • 3/5