Accounts Intern at Standard Life Aberdeen

Edinburgh Scotland

8.6/10

10 weeeks well spent. Great opportunity to gain valuable experience in a FTSE 100 organisation aswell as experiencing Edinburgh during festival season.

My colleagues gave me excellent support to help me have a successful internship.

We were assigned mentors that helped us with a development plan, I found this very helpful.

Days consist of working on own personal projects aswell as assisting other team memebers with other work. There were always opportunities to take on more if you were having a quiet day.

I was the given responsibities of managing and delivering projects I owned.

The internship has helped me understand the different roles of accountants within a financial services organisation. The expereiece will also help me see more clearly how my accounting degree at university relates to real life situations in the workplace.

Everyone was very friendly, open plan made you feel part of a team.

Structured intern development plan, as well as personal plans as set out by your spefic team.

Had time set aside specifically for develoment. The included skills workshops and lunch time learning sessions.

The opportunity to work full time for Standard Life would be a great opportunity.

As a group of interns we had an amazing time outside work. This included nights out, trips to the fringe etc.

Edinburgh is more expensive than some other places but can't beat the atmosphere.

Plenty of bars, restraunts and clubs.

Yes there are some, i took part in 7 aside football afterwork.