Work Experience Student at Linklaters

Human Resources Legal/Law

7.8/10

We were work experience students through the three weeks. Working in two departments to experience the work that they do.

It was a really enjoyable experience, the work was tough at times.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

I was involved in a lot of aspects of different work, making me really feel like part of the team.

A good amount of guidance, but at times left on my own to work on something. That then have me the opportunity to work it out on my own and have guidance where necessary.

A lot of the tasks I did are typical trainee tasks so should help in that respect,

Possibly the presentations could have been spread over the three weeks better to allow for more time in first seat.

Very good atmosphere with the other vacation scheme students.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

Training sessions in terms of IT and research skills were really helpful, then a number of other presentations and tasks that helped improve necessary skills.

Luckily not the the extent of having to stay late in the office every evening but from discussions with trainees it is clear that they can work exceptionally late.

A really dynamic collegiate culture.

Having commuted the payment was adequate, however it prevented me from being able to live in London through the scheme as it would have been very expensive.

Yes there were a number of networking events which were very helpful.

They were all really good fun.

Yes, at a lunch but then also through discussions with the employees about what they do.

Really fun experience that I would recommend.