-Conduct facility tours where necessary and when required.
-Prepare client proposals.
-Prepare initial client budgets.
-Event interdepartmental liaison
-Assisting in production of working documents for each event, distribution throughout the team ensuring accuracy and understanding from each party.
-Key point of contact for clients during on-site events.
-Assisting with logistics and delivery of incentive and conference events
-Assistance with event systems and procedures
-Liaison with external suppliers with joint event responsibility.
-Daily venue checks, and room set-ups.
-Input to PCGB systems.
-Regular updates in Porsche Experience centre calendars and booking systems, detailing provisional and confirmed events.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My placement year has been the experience of a lifetime. Although extremeley hard work, you put in as much as you get out of it. I had a great year and will be greatly saddened to leave, anyone lucky enough to obtain this placement will surley have an amazing experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was lucky enough to fit in the team really well, although daunting at first I feel like I am leaving a bunch of really good friends. Everybody was really welcoming and helpful and were always grateful for help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was extremeley supportive and always there to answer any questions when needed. She was extremeley approachable and really encouraged my growth and developement. I will be very sad to leave such a lovely manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were a little quiet but for the majority of the time it ranged from busy to especially busy around particular events. From the beginning a lot of responsibility was handed over which was great to help your experience different things and help developement.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
From the beginning, although given a lot of respobsibility, I felt a huge amount of personal responibility for the jobs I was given, btu never afraid to ask for help and back up if it was needed. In order to get the most out of the placement I think responsiblity is required.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed a huge amount of skills over the period of my placement year. I was sent on several training courses, alongside constant guided learning throughout the year from manager and other members of the team. I felt I have learnt more during a week at my placement than a year at univeristy. I feel extremeley prepared for a graduate job now thanks to this.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was a great environment to work in, as I was lucky enough to get on with the team relativley well, although a small environment it could be great fun during times.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was organised well with a two week handover and induction period with the previous intern. We had regular meetings with the other interns monthly at head office. My manager always had time for catch up meetings and was clear with instructions when emailing them over.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feel the company invested a lot in myself, sending me on several training courses and to different events as well as providing me with the adequate support and guidance needed.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Unfortunatley the internship is not a graduate scheme due to the low head count of the business, however during my time here due to people leaving the organisation I know of interns that now have previous job roles within the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As the placement is based away from the other interns in a different location the social scene is obviously limited, although a few trips were made up. But I found my own social scene when friendships developed with other collegues. Also we had a few office outings which were very enjoyable.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Unfortunatley I had to re locate for the job due to living too far away so I had to rent accomodation on my own, however the company obviously couldn't help this fact.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Due to travelling home at weekends I didn't really experience night life where I lived too much but there were plenty of restaurants to visit if I wanted to travel into the town.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Quite a few memebers of the team went to the company gym and we had a few office outings which were enjoyable.