Teeofftimes.co.uk Product Assistant at Golfbreaks.com

Windsor Greater London
Administration/Secretarial Customer Service Information Technology Marketing Market Research Sales Business Analytics Business Management Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Business Intelligence E-Business Sport/Sports Management Telecommunications

8.3/10

8.6

6.5

Reporting directly to the General Manager acting as a support function to the GM & also the team of 7 Account Managers.
A very fluid role that changes week to week dependant on requests from the GM & AM Team.
Tasks vary from account management, reporting, forecasting, risk analysis, event organisation, finance, marketing & many more areas covered along with the opportunity to create work where you see fit.

From the first to the last day you are made to feel welcome and part of a fantastic team making a difference in a fast paced expert company.

All staff make placement students very welcome, including myself, which makes it very easy to forget you are just there for the year.

Managers are happy to help whenever needed and if not there are plenty around to help support.

There is plenty of work to get on with and I was given the opportunity to create my own work when needed and manage my own time. However there are plenty of people on hand to help manage the workload and time if needed.

I felt I was given an abundance of responsibility from managing my own work load, diary, helping other achieve their goals and generally given the opportunity to work in areas I wished to do so.

Working as part of an expert team it gave me great experience to pick up traits and skills from an array of people and personalities. Along with that I was also given training in areas I felt needed improvement not only for the job at the time but for future endeavours.

The atmosphere was a great mix of a dedicated and determined team that are very good at the job in hand along with a group of people tat enjoy each other company and have a good time together.

The placement run very well from the beginning to the end and anything I felt I wanted/needed to get involved in to improve it I was allowed.

I feel a large amount of responsibility was invested in my to allow me to create my own work and get involved in things I thought would be beneficial not only to my development but also to improve the company in the long run.

There are a number of people working at the company full time who started as a placement student and I was lucky enough to be offered a full time job on finishing my degree.

On working I was staying in my university campus accommodation 15 minutes down the road and spent most my time socialising in university but there is plenty going on within the company to participate in.

It is a fairly costly place to live if staying in central Windsor but there are plenty of affordable places to live nearby and it is by no means a stretch to live in a very nice area close to work.

Nightlife in Windsor is fairly average but there is plenty locally and London close enough to experience the best nights out.

There are a number of sports and groups to get involved inside and outside of work to enhance the placement experience.