Reporting directly to the General Manager acting as a support function to the GM & also the team of 7 Account Managers.
A very fluid role that changes week to week dependant on requests from the GM & AM Team.
Tasks vary from account management, reporting, forecasting, risk analysis, event organisation, finance, marketing & many more areas covered along with the opportunity to create work where you see fit.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
From the first to the last day you are made to feel welcome and part of a fantastic team making a difference in a fast paced expert company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All staff make placement students very welcome, including myself, which makes it very easy to forget you are just there for the year.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Managers are happy to help whenever needed and if not there are plenty around to help support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There is plenty of work to get on with and I was given the opportunity to create my own work when needed and manage my own time. However there are plenty of people on hand to help manage the workload and time if needed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt I was given an abundance of responsibility from managing my own work load, diary, helping other achieve their goals and generally given the opportunity to work in areas I wished to do so.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Working as part of an expert team it gave me great experience to pick up traits and skills from an array of people and personalities. Along with that I was also given training in areas I felt needed improvement not only for the job at the time but for future endeavours.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was a great mix of a dedicated and determined team that are very good at the job in hand along with a group of people tat enjoy each other company and have a good time together.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement run very well from the beginning to the end and anything I felt I wanted/needed to get involved in to improve it I was allowed.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feel a large amount of responsibility was invested in my to allow me to create my own work and get involved in things I thought would be beneficial not only to my development but also to improve the company in the long run.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are a number of people working at the company full time who started as a placement student and I was lucky enough to be offered a full time job on finishing my degree.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
On working I was staying in my university campus accommodation 15 minutes down the road and spent most my time socialising in university but there is plenty going on within the company to participate in.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is a fairly costly place to live if staying in central Windsor but there are plenty of affordable places to live nearby and it is by no means a stretch to live in a very nice area close to work.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in Windsor is fairly average but there is plenty locally and London close enough to experience the best nights out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are a number of sports and groups to get involved inside and outside of work to enhance the placement experience.