Real Estate Investment Intern at Standard Life Aberdeen

Edinburgh Scotland
Banking/Finance Banking - Investment Business Intelligence Property/Real Estate

8.6/10

Intern in the Real Estate department.

Great place to work, the tasks I was given were interesting and you get great exposure to the whole firm.

Felt very valued, my team are all very friendly and even had balloons at my desk and took me for lunch when it was my birthday.

Always given guidance by my manager before tasks and have a weekly catch up just to make sure everything is going well.

I was busy, but did not feel overwhelmed.

Given a lot of responsibility, been over to meetings my fund managers in Paris as part of my internship so they could look over one of the models that I had been working on.

Will be very useful when going back to university.

Everyone does have a chat and jokes around at points, but if there is a lot of work to do then most people are very focused on that.

They have a clear plan and timetable of what you will be doing over the 12 weeks from the very start.

They have invested so much in their interns and it is definitely my best experience in a firm.

Have a meeting with one of the investment directors to speak about graduate role.

Yes, we were all staying in the same accomodation so we all got on well with each other.

Edinburgh is very fair in terms of cost.

Edinburgh is a great city, and the festival starts in August during the internship

You get emails about these opportunities (I played in the football team).