Business and H.R. Administrator at IBM

Waterloo, London
Human Resources

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for IBM

IBM is a Top Employer

3.9/5

4.2
3.8
3.6

Although some tasks I had to complete were repetitive, the majority of them were quite good- knowing your doing real work and not pointless tasks is a real bonus!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

I am always being provided with feedback which helps me feel valued and appreciated.

I have a task manager and a career manager, therefore I was given lots of support. They are always willing to help me and this has helped me to develop as I have never been held back.

Every day is different as I do a lot of adhoc tasks. But generally my workload spread quite evenly and there was never nothing for me to do! Of course there are quiet days in which I look for other work or work on my Uni assignment.

I feel like I have been given a huge amount of responsibility. The work I do has to be done therefore I do get chased up and asked about it. I do a lot of presentations to new hires and I am their first point of contact when starting in the company, therefore I must always be very friendly and willing to help!

I feel I have learnt so much this year, of course I have mastered my job role but general skills to. My new organisation skills will hopefully last me a life time! My people skills have also developed immensly and these can be used in any job area or role!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

It is generally a quiet office but with new faces everyday. With so many interns lunch and coffee breaks liven up the day and are a nice break!

Everything seemed to go smoothly and I have never felt like 'just a student'. From the beginning everything was well organised and there was an induction to help us meet new people.

I am given a lot of my manager's time which I really appreciate. I am also allowed to access development tools which permanent members of staff use to help identify strenghts/weaknesses. I am also allowed to attend training courses if my manager see's it as appropriate.

Very appealing! I am looking to apply to the graduate scheme which would be a fantastic opportunity!

This is what helped me through my placement! I met so many new people from all different uni's and walks of life! There is always something going on and there is a real sense of a student community in the workplace which is great!

Living in London is very expensive! But it was a one-off chance for me to live in the capital for a year and work for a great company, and I don't regret it at all, even if I didn't manage to save any money!

There's lots of bars, restaurants, cinemas etc around, as well as big and small nightclubs. You can pretty much do whatever you want to do! In London your not restricted!

This was very much an opportunity but only if you made the effort. IBM give you your job but then it's upto you to go and see what else you can gain from your placment!