Operations Process Engineer at Air Products

Surrey South West
Engineering Chemical Engineering

9.1/10

9.4

Plant support, process design, site support, efficiency modelling as well as a variety of other tasks.

I didn't expect an Engineering environment to be like this. Genuinely a lovely place to work, the atmosphere is pleasant and always positive. You dont find yourself bored, drained and without something to keep you occupied. The canteen is great and most importantly the work culture is truly incredible, very sociable, friendly and supportive environment. I would happily see myself working for this company as a graduate.

My team is great, every member in some way or another trusts you and gives you responsibility to help out with a piece of work or even take on board large projects.

What's incredible about Air Products is, in my 1 year of being here i have not detected any frustrations of negativity from a single member of staff in regards to my questions, regardless how often i ask. It was kind of worrying at first; I was thinking is this a reality show or something, but you end up realising that they genuinely are always there to help you whenever you need it.

It is a perfect balance because the nature of my department is workloads are not repetitive or boring, they require engagement and a consistency. There have been moments where I've been very busy but it has always been manageable .

Being given the opportunity to travel to Belgium on my own to supervise a refurbishment of a large vessel, gives a good indication of the responsibility you get as an Industrial Placement student.

My skills have vastly developed, from time management or troubleshooting; I have gained an excellent insight into the world of engineering and just how to be an effective engineer. Placement years give you that appreciation of whatever field of study you are in, you realise how important these basic skills are.

It's never always quiet or constantly hectic, it has it's surges of activity and social engagement. A great balance.

Incredibly organised. The support from my supervisor, from HR and the overall journey that's taken place has had great structure to it.

I took part in advanced troubleshooting training in addition technical training and Health and Safety sessions.

Very promising, the graduate scheme is incredibly structured to develop you in many areas.

A good sociable environment; where engagement with the team and other placement students is encouraged.

Coming from the cheapest city in England to the south was a great contrast. The south is very expensive however the wages are generous enough to make sure you have time for fun and save a little money in the piggy bank.

In the immediate area the nightlife is not spectacular, i personally dont care about nightlife for it's not my cup of tea. However it only takes 30 minutes to get to central london (waterloo) so party central of the UK is just around the corner really.

The company does host many social activities such as barbecues and extra curricular work to get involved with, however in terms of recreational time it depends on who you meet and know of in the area.