Operations and Business Management Intern at Standard Life Aberdeen

Edinburgh Scotland
Business Management

8.1/10

Intern within the customer operations department in the service development area.

I really enjoyed being given real responsibility and feeling like the work I was doing was significant.

The majority of people I met were really welcoming and keen to help where they could.

I had regular catch ups with my manager as well as other mentors.

At first there were some busy times and some quiet times, but as I got into the project I had a steady flow of work to be getting on with and built up the contacts neccessary to help me.

Was given ownership of 2 projects which were real pieces of work which will be carried on after I leave.

This was a great way to experience a research project but from a different angle than acadenmic- this will help me as I go back to uni for final year. I gained a real insight into what it's like to work for a financial services company/ any similar organisation and would be much more prepared for working in this environment in the future.

People enjoy having a joke but are serious when they need to be. Everyone is made to feel welcome.

Very good with regular intern development sessions spread out across the time here.

We had a strengthsfinder and presentation skills session. We were encouraged to think about our personal development.

I will have to wait til I hear back at the end of my placement.

Good amongst interns, more difficult for those not living within the assigned accomodation. (lived too close to qualify for this)

Edinburgh is not a cheap place to live but is not vastly more than other places e.g. is fair compared to London

It's great- had already experienced it from living nearby.

We had a social comittee that organised events for us.