Dealing with the weekly retail and targets, monthly targets, stock orders, dealing with briefing artwork to suppliers and legal. working close to our stores and business managers.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have loved my year at Warner Bros, it has been a really fantastic experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The interns are extremely valued in the department, we are always made to feel like an important member of the team. In team meetings, we are always encouraged to voice our opinions which is values and always taken seriously.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support I have received this year has been fantastic. My managers and other colleagues were always around to help and were always approachable. My manager was always quick to praise us whenever we handled something well and was always available to offer advice when needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work load depended on the upcoming films. In between releases was a quieter time for us but there was always work that needed to be done and I never had nothing to do. In the weeks before a release we would be very busy but I never felt like it was too much to handle.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We were given so much responsibility in this job, the work we do is important and it really makes a difference. Towards the end of the year we are basically treated as project managers, in charge of our own projects, which was great!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have learnt this year are invaluable. My placement and the training we have as an intern has helped me develop on things that will aid me in uni and in future jobs.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was great. Everyone is always up for a laugh and quick to help other departments when necessary.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was organised very well. The intern scheme has been running for a long time at WB so everything is set up perfectly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There is an intern training scheme that offers mandatory courses which work on a range of skills and these sessions are always really useful. There are also additional optional courses which we are encouraged to take including excel and power point courses and you can even learn a new language.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If I get a return offer, I'll take it for sure.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene amongst the other interns was really great, everyone got on really well and spent a lot of weekends together! Our department are also very sociable and very friendly!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at my parent's house which is outside of London but my travel was very expensive. As it's London, you know socialising is very expensive, but there is so much to do you will never get bored!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There's a huge variety of what to do and where to go in London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?