This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.
- 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
- 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
- 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
- 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 10. What were the perks on your work placement?
- 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Best job to date. Allot of responsibility, decision making tasks. Respected member of the team.
Colleagues have shown me great support and i feel very welcome, am now a acting member of the team.
Managers given guidence and stated what they expect of me. Suitable tasks assigned.
Always something to get on with, not too much overtime.
Enough responsibity to be a respected member of the team.
Numerous skills gained even at this early stage, professional behaviour, teamwork, quality of reports, presentation skills.
Training cources available, need to be suitable for department.
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Parties / some sort of social event most weekends
Lived at home
Nightlife in Portsmouth is great!!
Sports & Social clubs
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Business Management, Computer and Systems Engineering, Customer Service, Design, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Engineering