1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I learnt a lot about the company, myself and was given a lot of responsibility
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
You are part of a team and they make sure you feel that!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You get the guidance you ask for. Don't be afraid to ask for help
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
You can take on as much or as little as you can cope with. The more you do the more you get out of the experience.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Again if you want to run a project and they are comfortable with your ability so far they will let you.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt a lot of technical stuff I would not learn in my degree and also technical stuff I would and will be useful in my dissertation
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
As a female I was in the minority but the office vibe and banter is great
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
They have had loads in their time however HR can cause some problems when you start and have the offer.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They don't invest a massive amount but they set you up well for a grad place with them and here they invest a huge amount!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If you want a grad job and you perform well you can be fast tracked onto the assessment centre and historically they only take on former interns. This is apparent when you ask people and they all say they were former interns.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Not just amongst finance but with other interns too
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Depends how much you want to spend!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Chester isn't bad and the races are a good event
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Airbus do a lot of charity work and days out. They also run competitions for tickets to places,