Finance intern at Airbus

Broughton chester North East
Accountancy Banking/Finance Aeronautical Engineering

7.0/10

I learnt a lot about the company, myself and was given a lot of responsibility

You are part of a team and they make sure you feel that!

You get the guidance you ask for. Don't be afraid to ask for help

You can take on as much or as little as you can cope with. The more you do the more you get out of the experience.

Again if you want to run a project and they are comfortable with your ability so far they will let you.

I learnt a lot of technical stuff I would not learn in my degree and also technical stuff I would and will be useful in my dissertation

As a female I was in the minority but the office vibe and banter is great

They have had loads in their time however HR can cause some problems when you start and have the offer.

They don't invest a massive amount but they set you up well for a grad place with them and here they invest a huge amount!

If you want a grad job and you perform well you can be fast tracked onto the assessment centre and historically they only take on former interns. This is apparent when you ask people and they all say they were former interns.

Not just amongst finance but with other interns too

Depends how much you want to spend!

Chester isn't bad and the races are a good event

Airbus do a lot of charity work and days out. They also run competitions for tickets to places,