My role involved writing client memos and researching a lot of tax legislations. I also did a lot of research on clients. I attended client meetings in addition to this.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had every opportunity to do whatever interested me within a safe environment and the support of senior colleagues
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Highly valued, asked to help on loads of different project and often approached for my opinion.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Loads of support, answers were only a question away at all times. Never let down and always given alot of encouragement and support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Like any job some days are fast paced, others are slow. It all depends what kind of stuff is going on in the projects your involved in!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
High level of responsibility was given to me, this included presenting to senior leadership teams as well as organising events.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The people and business skills will have a lasting effect on me and the way I work. The actual technical skills were not top of the pile when it came to work to be done
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere! The office was always busy and the people are always having a good time. A few characters made the job highly enjoyable!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The Placement was organised very well with every detail planned out by the placement and graduate co-ordinator.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The training and development was second to none; alot of time went into making sure I was getting the most out of what I was doing and that it would benefit my learning.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Having completed the placement they have offered me a place on the company Graduate programme, this is a great thing for me and mean that I can complete my final year knowing I have a job to go back to!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Often went for a beer and the occasional night on the town! Great stuff!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Central London is not cheap. If you plan to live there then look further afield in terms of accommodation. I paid £560 for a room in a shared house in zone 1-2. This was with all bills etc; but used up over half my wages...
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central London has great nightlife, every night can be different!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?