Tax Audit Intern at Network Rail

Camden Central London and City
Accountancy Auditing/Tax

8.5/10

My role involved writing client memos and researching a lot of tax legislations. I also did a lot of research on clients. I attended client meetings in addition to this.

I had every opportunity to do whatever interested me within a safe environment and the support of senior colleagues

Highly valued, asked to help on loads of different project and often approached for my opinion.

Loads of support, answers were only a question away at all times. Never let down and always given alot of encouragement and support.

Like any job some days are fast paced, others are slow. It all depends what kind of stuff is going on in the projects your involved in!

High level of responsibility was given to me, this included presenting to senior leadership teams as well as organising events.

The people and business skills will have a lasting effect on me and the way I work. The actual technical skills were not top of the pile when it came to work to be done

Great atmosphere! The office was always busy and the people are always having a good time. A few characters made the job highly enjoyable!

The Placement was organised very well with every detail planned out by the placement and graduate co-ordinator.

The training and development was second to none; alot of time went into making sure I was getting the most out of what I was doing and that it would benefit my learning.

Having completed the placement they have offered me a place on the company Graduate programme, this is a great thing for me and mean that I can complete my final year knowing I have a job to go back to!

Often went for a beer and the occasional night on the town! Great stuff!

Central London is not cheap. If you plan to live there then look further afield in terms of accommodation. I paid £560 for a room in a shared house in zone 1-2. This was with all bills etc; but used up over half my wages...

Central London has great nightlife, every night can be different!

Lots of lunch time clubs to go along to!