Junior Web Designer at TopCashback

Uttoxeter West Midlands
Information Technology Marketing Market Research Media Publishing Design Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Advertising Computer Science Graphic Design

7.7/10

Producing onsite content such as banners, building emails and advertising. Creating print media for billboards, signs and magazine adverts. Assisting with webpage design and onsite coding. Working with leading brands and merchants to create advertising and promotional media for them.

The work was very enjoyable. Very hands-on and creative which I love. It was great having my work put on-site straight away or see it printed as a final product.

I felt as valued as a non-student member of staff. We were always involved with discussion about upcoming projects and I felt that our opinions were always listened to and valued.

I was always given constructive criticisms on how to improve my work whenever I asked.

I was busy constantly. I learnt a lot about how to manage my tasks and projects; delegating the appropriate amount of time with each. At times I felt like everything was a bit too rushed, however this cannot always be helped or overcome in this working environment.

A lot of responsibility- we were pretty much thrown in! It was good though as this is sometimes the best way of learning when you are a Web/UX designer. It was nice to feel like we were always trusted with our judgement on design/development choices.

I have developed an incredible amount of skills. My approach to design is now completely different after working with project tasks and briefs and I now feel very confident in my work. I know I will do better next year having picked up all of these skills.

A relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Everyone is easy to get on with and talk to. Although a bit cramped towards the end of placement due to more people starting, this will be drastically improved once we move into the new office!

It was well organised and our line manager always made sure there were things for us to do. There was plenty of opportunity to get involved with various projects.

Personally, I've learnt so much due to the other staff having patience and understanding. They don't expect you to know or understand everything straight away so they try and guide you while you learn. I have also learnt a great deal with how to work with other departments and how to work together with them for a positive, set outcome which was helped with the guidance of others.

I have been offered a position part-time whilst in my final year of uni and they have said I would be welcome to come back when I graduate. The company are constantly growing rapidly which is obviously fantastic too!

There are a couple of pubs in Uttoxeter but not much there!

There isn't much there which means you aren't tempted to go out as much as you would be in a big city, so in that respect, it was quite cheap! The rent for houses/flats depended on where you lived and whether you commuted or not, as a lot of people did.

There wasn't much going on, but at least there's a few pubs around, etc. :)

There were a few events for charity and two yearly socials. There wasn't much in 'activity' wise as in sports teams or clubs, however this may probably change when the office moves and the company grows further. :)