Student Bioengineer at Johnson & Johnson

Leeds Yorkshire and Humberside
Engineering

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Provide support/assistance for specifying product designs and influencing the choice of raw

materials, processes and equipment necessary to develop and manufacture products.

I was able to develop, both persoanlly and professionally. On my placment I was able to gain a sound experience in biomedical engineering and specifically orthopedics.

I was able to develop my understanding of the key aspects of engineering and business including, new product developement, manufacturing processes, quality, operations and sales and marketing.

I was able to contribute to the product developement process by introducing a quality system document that will prevent galling in stainless steel components. This will help all new product developement engineers across the DePuy Synthes Franchise. This will help improve the quality of the instrumentation produced by DePuy and in turn contribute to the success of the product the patient and physician recieve.

My manager is a Chartered Engineer with an Engineering Doctorate, with substansial educational and idustrial experience, he was able to give me great feedback and coaching on a regular basis and most importatly direction and guidance for development.

I was busy most of the time. Students that actively seek work will be seen in better light over those who are less keen to learn as much as they can about the business in the short period of 12 months.

I was given opportunity to lead and develop my own projects, this was a great feeling as I was able to plan, initiate, execute and deliver on goals and objectives set at the start of placement.

A placement at DePuy is comparable to that of gold dust. It is part of Johnson and Johnson which is the largest healthcare company in the world which opens up doors to the whole medical device industry.

It is safe to say that I now have a life changing platform to grow and develop in my career and I have also learned invaluable communication skills.

Play hard, work harder.

Great balance, people here are extremely competent, get the work done and then enjoy themselves.

I was able to get everything sorted fairly effeciently, and within the first few weeks I was working on my projects.

I went on a lot of developement courses, included an IMechE Research and Development Project Management Course and also most of the courses that a gradute bioenginee would go on.

I am not applying for a Johnson and Johnson Graduate Program

Mostly organised by the students, there could have been more done by the company to organise a big meal/fun event for the students at the start as there are some students I am still yet to meet.

Leeds has strng student roots and the prices represent this!

Football on a thursday!