Procurement / Supply chain based role in which I was responsible for interaction and for the creation of many excel based reports.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This internship was tailored to answers given in the interview and previous experience, therefore we were able to develop our current skills, as well as learning new ones.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team was amazing, although we were quite small(only 4 of us) due to how niche our service was we valued and respected each others input. I often gave suggestions about things that could be done differently and they took it on board!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
They were always there when needed but alot of my work required being very proactive.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were busier than others but ultimately I tried to look for where i could provide assistance even if it meant taking on more work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given as much responsibility as I felt comfortable with - I was even given ownership of a massive auditing project which was used to inform key decision making.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
How much work I can accomplish in a day and business conduct skills, managerial skills and teamwork.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone seemed quite upbeat.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Having many interns yearly meant procedures were in place to organise us.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company offered a wide variety of free courses that we were welcome to partake in, such as excel skills etc this was beneficial, however, if we wanted to take any of the paid courses we would have to fund these ourselves.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, this would be a great firm to work for with the possibility of great career advancement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a large amount of interns, socialising is very easy! There is also a group set up on facebook to organise living arrangements etc.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive... as expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great, there was always something to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had one night in the week planned for us but apart from that we could do as we pleased.