Work Experience at Lubrizol

Accountancy Banking/Finance

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

7.9/10

In finance and accounting

Although I was mostly doing menial jobs, there were plenty of opportunities to speak with lots of people within the department. They each gave me a detailed insight into their roles, and this was what really made the week for me.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

At no point did I feel like I was not valued. Everyone was incredibly kind and welcoming, right throughout the week and were always willing to offer help.

I had 30 minute meetings with people within the department on most days, which gave me a huge insight into their role in the company. In the mean time I was able to help out specifically in one of the sub-departments with every day processing tasks.

Due to the menial nature of the tasks, I did not develop a huge array of new skills, apart from within the software used in the department. However, I did gather information that will be useful when deciding my future career.

I was given a timetable on the first day which meant I knew what I was doing at all times.

Everyone was lovely and friendly. It was relaxed and I never felt intimidated.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Half hourly meetings with staff everyday, meant they took time out of busy schedules just to speak to me. Although there were times when I was left to get on with things individually.

Just because it was only a week I wasn't able to be set up on the network. So I feel a full time job with the company would have been quite different, but the insight I gained just from observing and talking gave me a good understanding.

Got a great feel for how the company does things, and the relaxed atmosphere and friendly environment.

I didn't expect this, so I was not disappointed

I kept within the department I was working in, but was able to visit a parent (also at the company) within my lunch.

Was offered a trip to the pub at lunch.

One or two, but not many

Useful, enjoyable and friendly