IS Analyst at Lubrizol

Derby East Midlands
Information Technology

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.5/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my work placement with Lubrizol. I was able to get an insight into how IS is practiced/implemented within the workplace and make some good friends along the way.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

I felt valued by my global team and by my colleagues on site.

The Support given was great, if there was ever anything I needed to know I could approach my supervisor if needed and ask for support freely and with confidence.

Very busy, there is always something to do.

I was given a good amount of responsibility on placement. I had quite a lot of access within our IS management consoles, understandably however, not all of them.

I feel the skills I have attained will help me greatly in completing my degree. It has given me a good perspective which I feel will lend to improving my understanding of topics at university in my final year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

The atmosphere was very good in the office. People were always up for a laugh but also maintained a good level of professionalism.

The first few weeks were a little slow while learning particular aspects of the system, we were also given tours of the site to familiarize ourselves with the surroundings.

I was given the training required to fulfill my role and if I felt we wanted to learn more on a particular subject the help was available enabling me to progress.

There are currently no available vacancies on the service desk, I would very much like to return to Lubrizol, but this will be dependent on availability of a position opening.

A subsidized Sports and social club is available to join. Events are organized regularly to get the students and staff together for things such as Go karting, paintball etc.

I live locally in the area so living costs came at no extra cost than usual.

The nightlife is fairly good in Derby with a few popular bars/pubs around, Standing Order (weatherspoons), walkabout and the Blessed being but a few of them.

Yes there are mailing lists that all the students are included on to collaborate with each other. there are also staff events around Christmas and the social club as aforementioned.