Legislative Intern at Warner Bros

Holborn Central London and City
Media Commercial Law

8.6/10

8.6

Assisting the in-house legal team with business and legal matters surrounding the home video and digital release of Warner Bros.' films in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

The internship involved a varied work load which was stimulating and challenging and relevant to my future career aspirations. My boss understood that I was hear to further my career and so gave me work that he knew would be both interesting and useful to develop the skills necessary to be a solicitor.

I received regular feedback from all of my colleagues who felt that I had become an important member of the team. When offered a job at the end of the internship, it was made clear to me that my input over the year was valued.

The internship included two formal reviews with my supervisor to assess my progress, but my supervisor was always available to ask for guidance and support throughout the year. It is very much an open door policy in the office!

The workload varied greatly during the year, and in general was a great balance. At some points between film releases I was left slightly bored, but all I had to do was pro-actively seek work from a colleague and people were more than willing to delegate! With the exception of a couple of days, I was rarely overworked and was always able to leave the office by 6pm.

The level of responsibility increased over the year after I proved that I could handle the work. Towards the end of the year I was entrusted to draft and send out straightforward contracts for signature without having them checked.

I believe the skills learnt throughout the year will be invaluable in my career as a solicitor, particularly the drafting skills and commercial awareness which I developed over the year.

A very friendly office with an open door policy where no question is a stupid one!

There are about 20 interns at Warner Bros. each year and the company organises a structured training programme for them consisting of about 6 soft skills training sessions.

There were about 6 soft skill and IT training sessions over the year and my supervisor and other colleagues spent a lot of time giving me feedback and advice on my work. Like any temporary role though, you cannot expect the firm to invest huge amounts of money in you!

I have been offered a 12 month paralegal role on completion of the internship. I am aware of several previous interns who have come back to work for the company.

With about 20 interns in the company, there is always social events being organised with regular drinks after work!

London prices I'm afraid!

Holborn isn't the best place for restaurants and bars, but it's London and there are plenty of other places to go out near by!

There are various sports teams and charity events to get involved in.