Dealing with any amendments after sales and ensuring clients are satisfied. This could involve dealing with complaints , change to travel/break dates or even offering advice on venues to our clients.
The role on a daily basis is incredible varied so every day offers new challenges.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement year at Golbreaks! A very positive and social atmosphere throughout the office. There are many social events and visits to spa/ golf venues.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Treated the same as a full time employee. There is high sense of team spirt within the department.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You are given lots of support from managers on personal and professional level.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The golf travel industry in very seasonal and each department has busy and quieter months. During the less demanding months in Customer Service it provides you with the opportunity to gain further experience in a range of departments.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As the year went on and my skills developed I was given further responsibility. On a daily basis I use my own initiative and I am empowered to make most decisions.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed my communication, organisational, time management and I have learnt a lot about myself on a personal level. On reflection, I will take a multitude of skills back to my final year at University.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
very young and lively atmosphere in a open plan environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There is a 2 week training programme of training and shadowing. Regular training and meetings continues throughout the year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My manager was keen on helping and excelling my skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Many of my colleagues within my team are returning placement students. Throughout the company most of the mangers started as placement students.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Plenty of students and young colleagues to social with outside work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor is very expensive considering as I have always lived up North.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Windsor has a few bars and clubs. London is only 30 mins on the train.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?