You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, some differ throughout the year. You will be supporting the recruitment team, as well as other teams within HR, which will include but is not limited to:
• Having the opportunity to assist in projects within various teams, including Recruitment and Learning & Development.
• Learning how to use our employee database, Oracle, for HR administration.
• Having a vital part in the recruitment of the next intake of interns. This will include gaining a good relationship with universities that can provide us with interns in the UK.
• Learning how to use our Applicant Tracking System and making sure all data is accurate and current.
• Managing the LinkedIn jobs page for Travelport
• Managing the content of the HR pages on the intranet
• Assisting with managing the contracts and payment of contractors, including creating purchase orders, invoices and accruals.
• Creating the monthly internal job advertising magazine
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I highly enjoyed my year at Travelport. I learned so many new things, have been on some great socials and have met great people.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued and appreciated by many people in the company, inside and outside of my own department.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager gave me the support I needed, but also let me become independent in my work. I was given a mentor who really helped me with my experience, and helped me with other things such as interviewing practice and with writing a good CV.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was involved with numerous projects that required me to work on them daily.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Once my department trusted a was a hard and able worker, I was given the opportunity to work on and lead my own projects, which was great.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed many skills through my work and through all the development opportunities that were offered to me such as training sessions and one to one meetings with my mentor. The skills I have developed and the experiences I have had this year will definitely help me in my future career, no matter where that may be.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Office events occur often to make the office collaborate and be fun. Teams are social and relatively informal, which makes the offices environment a fun place to be.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As the first intern in my department, it was a learning experience for both me and my team. However it is more set what the internship entails, and the new intern will have a structured year at Travelport.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was invited to training sessions for presentation and managerial skills. I has insight days in other departments in the company which gave me an overview of the whole business. They helped me with my CV and my interviewing technique.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Travelport don't have a graduate programme, however if a suitable job is available in the future I will be considered for the role.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We interns have been on several socials, organised by the company and otherwise.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living around the office is low, however there is not much to do in the local area. I chose to |ive in London, so it is more expensive but there is more to do.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are clubs in nearby Windsor, however I am close enough to London to go to the clubs there.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Travelport have a social club that runs good socials Segway-ing, bubble football and even a trip to Amsterdam. Teams also organise trips sometimes, I went to Windsor Racecourse with my team.