HR intern at Travelport

Langley South East
Administration/Secretarial Customer Service Education/Teaching Information Technology Human Resources Employment Law

6.0/10

6.4

4.2

You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, some differ throughout the year. You will be supporting the recruitment team, as well as other teams within HR, which will include but is not limited to:

• Having the opportunity to assist in projects within various teams, including Recruitment and Learning & Development.
• Learning how to use our employee database, Oracle, for HR administration.
• Having a vital part in the recruitment of the next intake of interns. This will include gaining a good relationship with universities that can provide us with interns in the UK.
• Learning how to use our Applicant Tracking System and making sure all data is accurate and current.
• Managing the LinkedIn jobs page for Travelport
• Managing the content of the HR pages on the intranet
• Assisting with managing the contracts and payment of contractors, including creating purchase orders, invoices and accruals.
• Creating the monthly internal job advertising magazine

I highly enjoyed my year at Travelport. I learned so many new things, have been on some great socials and have met great people.

I felt valued and appreciated by many people in the company, inside and outside of my own department.

My manager gave me the support I needed, but also let me become independent in my work. I was given a mentor who really helped me with my experience, and helped me with other things such as interviewing practice and with writing a good CV.

I was involved with numerous projects that required me to work on them daily.

Once my department trusted a was a hard and able worker, I was given the opportunity to work on and lead my own projects, which was great.

I have developed many skills through my work and through all the development opportunities that were offered to me such as training sessions and one to one meetings with my mentor. The skills I have developed and the experiences I have had this year will definitely help me in my future career, no matter where that may be.

Office events occur often to make the office collaborate and be fun. Teams are social and relatively informal, which makes the offices environment a fun place to be.

As the first intern in my department, it was a learning experience for both me and my team. However it is more set what the internship entails, and the new intern will have a structured year at Travelport.

I was invited to training sessions for presentation and managerial skills. I has insight days in other departments in the company which gave me an overview of the whole business. They helped me with my CV and my interviewing technique.

Travelport don't have a graduate programme, however if a suitable job is available in the future I will be considered for the role.

We interns have been on several socials, organised by the company and otherwise.

The cost of living around the office is low, however there is not much to do in the local area. I chose to |ive in London, so it is more expensive but there is more to do.

There are clubs in nearby Windsor, however I am close enough to London to go to the clubs there.

Travelport have a social club that runs good socials Segway-ing, bubble football and even a trip to Amsterdam. Teams also organise trips sometimes, I went to Windsor Racecourse with my team.