3.9/10

• The Organisation
    4.8
  • Everything Else
    1.8
  2. As I worked in the RSG department, I wasn't allowed to see what the team was working on for most of the time because I didn't have security clearance. Also, the assessment exercises were extremely difficult: they were based wholly on English law to be assessed against other candidates' work from England - given that I studied purely Scottish law and wholly intend to practice in Scotland, it seemed slightly odd that I should be assessed in such a way.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. The team were genuinely lovely people - I was made to feel welcome from the first day.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?

6. 5/10

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. I helped me to decide which areas of law I definitely don't want to practice in.

10. As I mentioned above, the department I was in meant that I had little access to any real experience. The placement was also a bit too short to give me a real insight to the firm.

12. Once again, the lack of security clearance meant I had very little opportunity to work on real cases - I was restricted to theoretical exercises.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. I had the chance to attend a CPD seminar, but nothing else was offered.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. I was there only for one week and had no security clearance so I was wholly unable to get involved with real clients' cases or see the type of work the other members of the team do.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. A huge focus was placed on the marketing side of things.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?

20. 7/10

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. The pay was good.

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?

24. 1/10

26. There weren't really any.

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?

28. 1/10