7.6/10

204 reviews

• About You
  • The Organisation
  • Everything Else

Currently a paralegal in Bristol.

2. I really enjoyed my time at the firm. The people were great and it was a good opportunity to learn more about the firm, its client, culture and values.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. I felt part of the team from day one. My work and contributions were appreciated which was great. I will be sad to leave on Friday.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. There was a lot of support during the placement. Everyone was approachable and willing to help with any issue/questions that I had.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. I have gained a wider awareness of how different firms operate. It has been a good opportunity to see different ways of approaching tasks and situations so I can broaden my own approaches and add to my skill set.

10. The placement was well structured, I had tasks to complete during the week to keep me busy but social activites were also planned in so I could meet the other trainees/NQs in the office. My trainee supervisor made sure I was well looked after.

12. Everyone from the partner in the team down were very friendly, welcoming and approachable. It made a big difference to the experience. When coming into a firm for only a short space of time people don't need to make an effort to welcome you, but everyone in the team really made an effort.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. There weren't any organised training events for the team scheduled during my placement, but each time I undertook a task I was always provided with helpful feedback that helped me to develop my skills.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. A placement is an invaluable way of understanding what it would be like to have a full time role. You become involved in the day to day activities of the teams and it provides a really useful insight.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. The firm really values it's culture and this is evident in the day to day life of the employees and the tasks and materials I was provided with during the course of the week. I really value a strong culture so it was great to learn more about the firms.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?

20. 7/10

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. I was paid the standard amount for a vaction scheme - I was happy with that.

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. I attended many lunches with the other trainees and I had a leaving lunch with the trainees, paralegals and NQ's which was a great way of meeting other people in the firm. My trainee supervisor made an effort to introduce me to as many people as possible.

26. The opportunities were informal, which was nice considering it can be overwhelming to meet so many and learn so many names in such a short space of time!

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. The trainees run networking events outside of the office that everyone can get involved in and there are sports teams to join if you want to.

30. I would recommend it as I have really enjoyed my time here. I have gained a valuable insight into the firm that I would not otherwise have had if I did not come on the placement.

Legal/Law